Who is The Happiness Explorer?
Lydia Kimmerling, ‘The Happiness Explorer’, is a Life and Business Coach certified with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and Motivational Speaker who has been named ‘Guru To Watch’ by The Times, was the runner-up in Psychologies magazine’s search for a new wise voice and the official coach for McVitie’s goahead! Summer Buddy Project with Ferne McCann and Bradley Simmonds.
Having left school at 16, she became an assistant producer at 21 and opened her own restaurant in Panama at 22. A master of change and a fearless decision maker, Lydia had always known what she wanted, or at least it seemed.
“I was confident on the outside, but on the inside I always felt like something was missing, which kept me stuck in a cycle of saying, ‘I’ll be happy when…’ ‘I have MORE success’, ‘I lose a few MORE pounds’ or ‘Meet someone who loves me MORE’, except it was never enough. Until at 29, I hit a huge crossroads in my life. I went from being successful and happy, to being on the dole, 21lb overweight, binge drinking, hating myself and lost in a needy relationship. Not knowing what you want next in life can bring you to your knees, which is exactly when I hit my ‘had enough’ moment.”
Her life eventually turned a corner, when she began to take six powerful steps. These steps are now her six-step Life Cleanse, which she has shared in more than 2500 hours of coaching, helping fellow Happiness Explorers just like you, find what makes them truly happy. For Lydia, these steps helped her to:
- Start a business that gives her complete freedom of her time and location.
- Move to the place of her dreams in Ibiza where she watches the sunrise every morning.
- Lose more than a stone and a half to maintain her ideal weight and never diet again.
- Learn how to stop binge drinking and say goodbye to hangovers.
- Overcome her negative inner dialogue and replace it with empowering thinking
- Create a respectful, loving and nurturing relationship with her soulmate.
Lydia says: “The one thing I know for sure, is that I am here on Earth to help people believe in themselves and that no one should feel trapped in their own life”